Saturday, October 18, 2014

Negative Self-Talk

So all my life I have had to battle Negative Self-talk and I believe that it is a struggle that many of us have.  Continually tell yourself you are not good enough, or beating your self up if you make a mistake.

This is a world I lived in for many many years, and recently I have started taking advantage of self help books and have been gaining more confidence and learning more tricks to battle these things.

Today I would love to share five of those tricks that I have learned will help in so many ways.


1. Possible Thinking, Instead of immediately getting down on your self, try and think about what it could mean, and what the possibilities of the situation are. 

2. Put a better spin on things, whenever I try to think of what good things could come from this situation, and what lessons can be learned

3. Ask yourself what would a friend say,  This is perfect, you are way harder on yourself than anyone else, and your best friend will always see the best in you, so say to yourself what would my best friend say.

4. Pick up the phone, call your best friend, or a trusted person and tell them what is going on.  Talking about it will always make you feel better, and then they can tell you what they would say.

5.  Embrace your imperfections.  NOBODY IS PERFECT,  We are all going to make mistakes, we are all going to do stupid and ridiculous things, but everyone days.  Once you accept it and embrace it, then your like will be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment